What if stem cells, growth factors and targeted specific bioelectric signals to control stem cell homing, proliferation, differentiation and protein expression could enable lost hearing to regenerate and heal?
EarCell is a startup within the Leonhardt Ventures Cal-X Stars Business Accelerator and Leonhardt’s Launchpads Utah focused on hearing loss recovery via regeneration.
People in the US with some form of hearing loss
People worldwide with some form of hearing loss
The company utilizes bioelectric stimulation to control release of specific proteins on demand for specific regenerative purposes in sequence:
1. SDF-1 (stem cell homing factor – recruits a persons own stem cells to stimulated tissues).
2. VEGF (for new blood vessel growth).
3 IGF-1 (for DNA repair at the nucleus level).
4. Follistatin (for muscle and tissue regeneration).
5. RANKL (for demineralization and tissue loosening when needed).
6. Hepatocyte Growth Factor (tissue regeneration)
7. eNOS (for dilating blood vessels for increasing flow).
8. Tropoelastin (increases elasticity of any tissues such as skin, arteries, aorta, heart and promotes healing of wounds).
9. Activin B (regeneration).
10. GDF-10 and 11 (regeneration).
11. EGF – epidermal growth factor (regeneration).
12. FGF – fibroblast growth factor (regeneration).
In extreme cases we combine our regeneration microstimulator with an implantable, programmable, re-fillable stem cell/growth factor micro pump.
In cases of ear cancer we have special signals to stop tumor cell division and blood supply followed by the above regeneration protocol.
CAUTION Disclaimer and Warning: Products described on this web site are in early stage development and are not yet proven safe or effective in statistically significant controlled clinical studies. Any statement or phrases implying efficacy or safety in any form are considered modified by “intended to” or “designed to”. Investigational use only in countries where investigation is permitted by law and proper filings have been made and appropriate regulatory clearances have been granted. Any use of the product(s) must be in an authorized clinical study with institutional review board (ethics committee) approval and proper patient consent procedures followed. For other countries product is only available for laboratory investigation by credentialed institutions and investigators with proper clearances with a research agreement in place with a study sponsor. NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE.